Last updated: August 25, 2022
Collection Of Your Personal Information on this Website
This website is primarily directed to our customers, prospective customers, and others interested in using our services or working with us. When you visit our website, we may collect certain information from you. This information falls into two categories:
(1) information that identifies you individually (such as name, email address, phone number, and address), which you may voluntarily supply, including when you request information from us or request to be contacted (e.g., you fill out our contact form on our Contact Us page), when you sign up for our newsletter or to receive our reports, when you log into our website, when you apply for a job on our website, when you post content to our website (e.g., on our blog posts), or when you provide your information as a panelist via our website, and
(2) information collected passively, as you navigate our websites, such as a unique “cookie” ID or IP address (“Tracking Information”). We describe below how we use each of those categories of information.
Use of your Information Collected on Our Website
We use your personal information to: (1) improve our website; (2) allow you to set up a user account and profile; (3) contact you; (4) respond to your requests, including requests to receive our reports and newsletters; (5) analyze how you use the website, (6) process your employment application, (7) respond to legal requirements, requests and actions, protect the security of our business, and enforce our terms, and (8) engage in other uses described under “How We Share Your Information” below.
We may also use the information for any purpose for which it was collected. For instance, if we conduct a survey on our website, we will use that information to analyze the survey results and apply them to our marketing or business purposes.
We may use technologies to track your use of our website and to tailor your web experience. We may, for instance, use technologies to send you display advertising when you view our website or other websites. These technologies include “cookies,” which we describe immediately below.
We may combine any information that we collect from you, whether collected directly or passively from you.
We may use our own proprietary cookies (set from our own web domain), as well as cookies hosted by third-party vendors such as ad or analytics vendors and partners. Third-party cookies generally employ unique identifiers (often randomly generated) to help advertisers customize users’ web experiences, based on the users’ likely interests. They may be used to tailor ad content on websites you visit. They may collect data such as your browser type, your operating system, Web pages visited, time of visits, content viewed, and other clickstream data. We use these cookies to retarget information and offers to you about our services: for instance, if you view a page on our website regarding an event or conference we are hosting, we might use a third-party ad partner to send you an ad about the event when you visit another website.
When you visit our websites or open an email you have received from us, we or one of our ad partners may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. These cookies enable us to send you ads about our services, customize our services and gather analytics about our web traffic. Additionally, emails we send to you may contain a bit of code known as a “web beacon,” also called a “pixel” or “web pixel.” This code helps us understand the time and date when a user opened an email sent by us, and when he/she has used a link within the email to visit a website, thus allowing us to collect analytics about our traffic, customize our services, and send better ads about our services. These electronic images also may help us measure how effective our email campaigns are by, for instance, counting the number of individuals who visit our website or open an email we send. For example, the Google Analytics service on this website provides reports to us about how many users came to the website, and what links they may have used to get here. (To opt-out of Google Analytics, please go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.)
You can often disable our web beacons by turning images “off” in your email client (e.g., Outlook, Outlook Express). Please see your email client settings for more information.
Your browser likewise may permit you to reject or delete cookies, but this may prevent the proper working of our website.
This website does not currently display third-party advertising, but if you want to opt-out of receiving cookies related to interest-based advertising (including receiving “re-targeted” ads) please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or http://aboutads.info – two opt-out “portals” that are operated by leading industry self-regulatory groups. (We provide this link as a courtesy to privacy-conscious users – we are not responsible for the providers on those websites.)
For additional information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We do not respond to browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals at this time.
How We Share Information
Vendors and other Service Providers:
We share information that we collect or that you provide to us with a range of service providers. These service providers may, for instance, receive information for purposes of tech support, customer support, network and hosting services, billing and collections, email and marketing services (including for data enhancement), customer or website analytics, employment recruiting services, or other operations related to our business. We also work with third-party ad and data vendors who may collect and read unique identifiers associated with browsers and devices, such as cookies: we describe these technologies in more detail above.
We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of TVision, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the website or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
In addition, we may share with third parties and/or service providers de-identified information about users’ visits to our website, which may include actual or inferred demographics, interests, and other online habits.
If we ever go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personal information and tracking information will likely be among the assets transferred, and that information may also be shared during due diligence for any such transaction. If that occurs we will require an acquiring company or merger agreement to uphold the material terms of this privacy statement (subject to our and their right to make changes, see below) including honoring requests for account deletion.
With Your Consent:
We may also share any information from or about you with any party when we have your consent.
International Data Transfers
Personal information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in any country where TVision or TVision’s service providers are based or have facilities. Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the UK or the Europe Economic Area, we endeavor to provide similar protection and put in place at least one of these safeguards:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been found to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information or
- We may also use specific approved contracts that use Standard Contractual Clauses for the protection of personal information with our affiliates or service providers that are based in countries outside the UK or the European Economic Area, including those based in the US.
If you are located in the UK or the European Economic Area, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place for the transfer of your personal information.
We may have various legal grounds for using your personal information, including:
- Using your personal information to perform our contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you);
- Using your personal information with your consent (which you can withdraw at any time);
- Using your personal information to comply with law;
- Using your personal information if necessary for our legitimate interests in a way that might be expected as part of operating our business and in a way which does not materially impact your rights and freedoms.
You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your personal information.
You may always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to use our website.
Our promotional emails contain an easy-to-use opt-out mechanism if you no longer want to receive promotional emails. You may also contact email@example.com in order to opt-out of receiving promotional emails. Please note that you may continue to receive administrative emails from us after you opt-out of receiving promotional messages from us.
As a resident of the UK or the European Economic Area, you have a number of rights with regard to your personal information:
- Access: you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you,
- Rectification: you have the right to request that we correct the personal information we hold about you,
- Portability: you have the right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information,
- Deletion: you have the right to ask us to delete your personal information,
- Restrict: you have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances,
- Object: you have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information,
- Automated decision-making and profiling: you have the right to be free from decisions based on automated processing that produce a significant legal effect on you, unless necessary to perform a contract or you provide consent
- Withdraw consent: you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time,
- Lodge complaint: you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights specified above, please contact us at the email address or phone number under “Contact Information” below.
California and Virginia Users: We are currently not subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act. As a result, the additional rights of users under those laws do not apply to our business.
If you are under 13, please do not provide us with any information. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information about children. Our systems are not designed for use by children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or obtained Personal Information of someone under 13, we will delete that information from our database absent an important and permissible reason to keep it. If you believe that this has occurred, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational controls to protect your personal information against unauthorized processing and against accidental loss, damage, or destruction. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information sent to our website and so you provide it at your own risk.